Herd Health - We offer complete bovine herd health services that include (but is not limited to):
Sick Animal/Emergency Service
- Ultrasound pregnancy diagnosis and fetal sexing
- Set up, implementation, and performance review of synchronized herd breeding programs
- Milk quality programs
- Vaccination protocol setup and implementation
- Herd regulatory testing of cattle (TB, Brucellosis, Johnes)
- Johnes control programs and herd classification
- Milking system analysis and milking procedure evaluation
- In house milk culturing lab for mastitis pathogen identification
- Dairy records analysis with Dairy Comp 305 and Dairy Wellness Plan Manager software
- Dairy facility planning
- Employee training
- We provide routine sick animal care during regular business hours, call 920-894-3414 or 920-565-2171.
- We also provide after hours emergency service outside of normal business hours, and on holidays.
- When calling after hours please follow the phone menu, speak clearly and leave a phone number where you can be reached. The doctor on call will receive your message and contact you/respond to your call.
Float Tank Service
- We provide float tank service for down and injured cattle.
- Floating takes advantage of the cow's natural bouyancy, and reduces the effort needed for a sick or injured cow to rise.
- By enabling the cow to stand, serious muscle damage can be avoided and many cows that would otherwise need to be euthanized can go on to have productive lactations.
- Calling to have your cow floated early (within the first 6-8 hours of being down) will have the best success rate.
- Cattle are examined on the farm to identify the presence of injuries, gain a treatment history, and obtain blood samples that will be analyzed in our in house diagnostic lab. If specific treatments are indicated, it can be initiated early, again increasing our likelihood of success.
- Cattle are loaded into the float tank on the farm.
- Cattle are then hauled to our large animal facility and the floating process begins.